Note: If you’re shopping from outside the EU, you DO NOT have to pay VAT tax!
No VAT will be added at the checkout. This includes the USA, Australia, UAE, Singapore + anywhere outside the EU.
What is VAT Relief?
If eligible, you could pay 20% less by paying zero VAT!
In order for a product to be eligible for VAT relief, it needs to be designed specifically to support people with disabilities or chronic illness.
Products which are eligible for VAT relief will have the price shown as ‘with VAT Relief’
Am I Eligible?
The government sets the rules on VAT and states you must meet the following criteria…
Be purchasing on behalf of a registered charity in the UK
Be, or purchasing on behalf of, a person who is chronically sick or disabled
What is ‘chronically sick or disabled’?
- With a physical or mental impairment which has a long-term and substantial adverse effect upon his/her ability to carry out everyday activities; with a condition which the medical profession treats as a chronic sickness, such as Alzheimer’s disease; or
- Who is terminally ill
Unfortunately the following is not included: a frail person who is otherwise able-bodied or someone who is temporarily incapacitated or disabled, such as a broken wrist
How do I claim VAT Relief?
Purchasing with VAT relief on our website is really easy!
- Go to the checkout as normal. Under ‘VAT Relief’, tick one of the boxes that declare’s you qualify for VAT relief
- Select whether you’re an individual or representing a charity, then enter the disability / illness or charity number
- You’re done! VAT will be automatically removed from the total, just pay as normal and your order is completed.
Please note: It is an offence to falsely claim VAT relief.
VAT Exemption Examples
The way the price is shown indicates whether it can be purchased VAT exempt
Example of a product with VAT Relief:
Example of a product without VAT relief:
How to claim VAT relief at the checkout page (medical condition)
How to claim VAT relief at the checkout page (charity)
Questions About VAT Relief?
Sometimes there’s something you need to know before buying
If you’ve got any questions about VAT relief, whether you’re eligible or anything else, our friendly experts are always happy to help.
- Call us: 03300 10 14 18
- Email us: email@example.com
- Livechat: Use the live-chat box in the bottom right