“TV, Films, Music & Games from the Internet to your Television”
What is Streaming?
Streaming is essentially playing something (like music or a TV programme) directly from the internet. Advantages of this mean that not only do you have access to unlimited entertainment options at the touch of a button, but you don’t have to wait a long time for things to download first, you can enjoy them instantly.
What does a Streaming Player Offer?
Thanks to the internet, we no-longer have to put up with whatever happens to be on the TV or radio at the time. Streaming players give you access to the thousands of online entertainment services on your existing Television. On the Roku, this includes catch up services like BBC iPlayer, online video websites like YouTube, monthly subscriptions like Netflix and even free online radio players like tunein.
The Roku 3 Streaming player plugs directly in to the HDMI port on your TV. Simply follow the on-screen set up process and you’ll be ready in minutes. The on-screen interface is easy to navigate with easy to follow icons. The Roku 3 also has an Ethernet port, which means you can plug it directly in to your internet modem (e.g. from Virgin Media or BT) for a faster connection if your home internet can be slow.
You’ll need an HDMI cable or Ethernet Cable for the above.
Easy to Find Your Favourites
It’s voice search function avoids long-winded on-screen keyboards by allowing you to speak what you’re looking for in to the remote. The remote control is tactile and easy to use, with designated buttons for play/pause, changing volume and even YouTube. You can also download the free app, which is available for Apple, Android and Windows smartphones and tablets, enabling all the abilities of the remote and easier search function.
From nature documentaries to Hollywood blockbusters, the Roku 3 offers access to whatever you want to watch, whenever you want to watch it. The on-screen menu is made up of apps, which offer you instant access to music, video, films, TV series’ and even games. They combine free services like BBC iPlayer and Channel 4, paid monthly subscriptions like Netflix or Amazon Prime Video and TV channels like Sky News and Happy kids. The ideal Simple Streaming Player.
For a full list of what’s available, click here.
Excellent Picture Quality
The Roku 3 sends great quality high definition picture quality straight from the internet to your TV. It supports up to 1080p, which means crisp and clear images with rich, deep colours.
Play, Watch & Listen
Not only can you watch TV and Movies alongside listening to music on the Roku 3, it also comes with a range of games pre-installed. Great for playing with younger family members, the remote control has a motion sensor for interactive gaming, as well as wrist strap for sturdy gripping. The games include Angry Birds, Downhill Bowling, Sudoku, Wheel of fortune, Jeopardy + more. The ultimate Simple Streaming Player.
The remote control that comes with the Roku 3 has a headphone port built in. This means if you want to watch or listen to something without disturbing others in the room or house, all you have to do is plug your included earphones in. The Roku 3 also has a USB port, which means you can watch or listen to files on your TV straight from memory sticks or portable hard drives. This is ideal for looking at family photos or wedding videos. You can also beam photos, songs and videos from your smartphone or tablet to the TV using the free app.
Why buy from TechSilver?
We pride ourselves on the level of personal and knowledgeable customer service we provide, offering honest and expert advice, no matter how small the query. Unlike many technology and phone retailers, we are happy to give personal support to our customers, ensuring peace of mind every step of the way from browsing to purchase, and delivery to enjoyment. One of the best Simple Streaming Player on the market.
What’s in the box?
- Roku 3 streaming player – Simple Streaming Player
- Remote control with headphone jack
- In-ear headphones
- Two AA batteries (for the remote)
- Quick start guide
- Power adapter
What you need for it work?
- An HDMI cable to connect your Roku 3 to your television.
- A broadband internet connection. (If you have the internet at home, the chances are it’s broadband). Feel free to give us a call if you’re unsure
What else might you want? (non-essentials)
- An Ethernet cable to connect your Roku 3 to your broadband router for a faster connection.
- A subscription to an online music or video service like Netflix, NOW TV or Spotify.
Channel / App List
Film & TV
- BBC iPlayer – the BBC’s catch up service including radio and the ability to store favourties
- All 4 – Channel 4’s catch up service
- ITV Player – ITV’s catch up service
- My5 – Channel 5’s catch up service
- YouTube – Online video giant with billions of videos on every subject imaginable
- BBC News
- BBC Sport
- Sky News
- Simple Streaming Player
- Amazon Instant Video
- Now TV (including Sky Sports & Sky Movies)
- Sky Store – Rent movies from 99p
Music & Radio
- Deezer – Music streaming service with millions of songs
- YouTube – The online video giant also has millions of music tracks, mixtapes and playlists available.
- Spotify – Music streaming service with millions of songs and no adverts
||2.5cm x 8.9cm x 8.9cm
|RF Network Standard :
|RJ-45 Ports :
||1 x RJ-45
|Secure Digital :
|USB Ports :
||1 x USB
|Video Capability :
||Plays 720p/1080p HD video
|Wireless System :