Please ignore the instructions in the box, the guide below will walk you through all the information required.
Here are some key points to remember whist using your new Personal Alarm.
- The Personal Alarm has a range of around 50m. Walls and other obstructions may reduce this. Alarms may not be triggered if the pendant is out of range of the Home Base Unit.
- The alarm triggers phone calls. The answerer MUST dial 4 on their keypad to be put through to the Home Base Unit.
- The Home Base Unit has a sim card inside, it does not need to be plugged in to any phone sockets
- The Alarm can be cancelled at any time by pressing the green button on the Home Base Unit.
- The Battery in the Pendant Alarm should last around 2 years. Please contact us if they require a change of battery.
- Here's a link to the Personal Alarm For Elderly product page.
Home Base Unit
Before setting up, find a place in the wearer’s home which is close to a power socket and in an open area. Most people put it on a table or dresser in the living room or hallway.
Remove your Home Base Unit from the brown box and open the rear back panel. You can do this with your fingers, it’s not screwed shut.
Remove the power supply from the box
Assemble it by inserting the USB end (the non-right angle end) into the power block.
Plug it in to a power outlet, switch the power outlet on, then plug the micro USB end (the right angle end) into the port underneath the panel.