Please Note: You must have graduated from Nottingham Trent University in the last 3 years to apply for this role
What’s the role?
An amazing chance to join a growing organisation at the forefront of technology that helps people live a happier, healthier and more independent lifestyle. You’ll be managing the ecommerce within TechSilver whilst researching, discovering and implementing new opportunities for pushing the business to the next level.
What do we do at TechSilver ?
The world’s population is ageing at a rapid rate. Here in the UK almost ¼ of the population will be over 65 by 2035. TechSilver provides a range of technology products and services that support seniors and their caregivers to live a happier, healthier and more independent lifestyle by combining honest, expert service with the latest innovations.
Our range varies from consumer electronics (like smartphones) to help seniors get online, to GPS trackers that keep those with Dementia safe.
What makes us unique is a knowledgeable, friendly and enthusiastic attitude where we go the extra mile to create the best possible experience for those we work with.
TechSilver has won many awards including Venturefest 2015, the ‘1st Formations Scholarship’ and The Hive’s ‘Outstanding Entrepreneurial Achievement’ award. We registered as an organisation in December 2014 and have been trading mainly online since 2015.
What will you be doing for us?
- Interacting with and advising our friendly customers
- Online marketing including social media management and email campaigns
- Creating and editing digital content
- Processing and sending out online orders
- Seeking new partnerships, products and marketplaces
- Influencing the ways we operate; you probably have some great ideas!
Think you’ve got some of these skills?
You must have graduated from Nottingham Trent University within the last 3 years with at least a 2:2 in any subject
- Excellent communication skills, a confident speaker who’s friendly on the phone
- Competent using IT e.g. Microsoft Office and Interested in gadgets
- An initiative which enables you to work independently and think on your feet
- Good language skills with the ability to write informatively and creatively
These abilities would be a bonus (but aren’t essential)
- Digital design skills in Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator
- Knowledge of web-coding (e.g. html / CSS) and WordPress
- Videography: Shooting and editing video content.
- An entrepreneurial nature e.g. sold sweets at school or dresses on Depop?
What will you get out of it? (other than money of course )
- Experience in a growing business doing a wide range of tasks every day (not making the tea and constantly filling out spreadsheets)
- Actionable skills in ecommerce, online marketing, social media, SEO, communication, social media (and many more).
- The chance to ‘climb the ladder’ fast in a quickly growing company, well-placed within a booming industry.
- Meaningful and purposeful work. You’re genuinely helping and improving the lives of older people and their caregivers, worldwide.
What are all the practical details?
Flexible start date, depending on your availability. No later than 14th June 2018.
This is a permanent, full time role with an 8 week probation period.
The first week or so will be 1 to 1 training. We’ll also always be on hand to answer any questions.
Starting salary is £1200 per month plus negotiable bonuses / perks if you directly influence revenue increases
Your hours would be 10:00AM – 6:00PM Monday to Friday. Overtime is likely to become available.
Where is it ?
We’re located in ‘The Hive’, a co-working space with a young, sociable and entrepreneurial spirit, where everyone’s happy to offer advice. You’ll have free hot drinks and access to a kitchen, lightning fast internet, full adobe suite software, professional meeting facilities + more.
What perks are there?
We’re a young and fun company with a ‘work hard, play hard attitude’. Show us you’re hard-working and can think outside the box to generate results, and you’ll be rewarded. If the company wins, we’ll all win! This could be meals, drinks, activities, bonuses + more.
You’ll also get an NTU student card whilst working here (and all the discounts that come with it).We’re based in Nottingham city centre right by Nottingham Trent University with great transport links, shops and cafes/restaurants near by. Our offices are open 24/7 so you’re welcome to pop in whenever to use the facilities.
How do I get involved?
The deadline for applications is midday on Monday 14th May 2018
Please send your CV and a couple of paragraphs about why you think you’d be good for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Type: Full-time + Permanent with an 8 week probation period.
Salary: £1,200.00 to £1,250.00 /month