Interactions, Marketing & Orders Executive, TechSilver
Start Date: April 2021
What’s the role?
An amazing chance to join a fast-growing organisation at the forefront of technology. We help people live a happier, healthier and more independent lifestyle
What will you get out of it? (other than money of course)
- You’ll get a FREE gym membership (or if you don’t fancy the gym, equivalent health and wellbeing rewards), 100% paid by us
- A company laptop which you can use at home if you wish.
- Meaningful and purposeful work. You’re genuinely improving the lives of older people and their caregivers, worldwide.
- The opportunity to progress your career quickly in a fast-growing company, well-placed within a booming industry.
- Actionable skills in ecommerce, communication, online marketing, SEO and many more.
- Experience in a growing business doing a range of duties every day (not mundane tasks like making the tea or constantly filling out spreadsheets).
- We’ll provide and support e-learning and one to one training in related areas.
What do we do at TechSilver?
The world’s population is ageing at a rapid rate. Here in the UK, almost ¼ of the population will be over 65 by 2035. TechSilver provides a range of technology products and services that support seniors and their caregivers to live a happier, healthier and more independent lifestyle. We combine honest, expert service with the latest technological innovations. Our range varies from consumer electronics (like smartphones) to get seniors online, to GPS locators that help to keep those with dementia safe. Pineapple – Include this word in the email subject when applying and we know you read the advert carefully.
What makes us different?
A knowledgeable, friendly and enthusiastic attitude where we go the extra mile to create the best possible experience for our team and our customers.
Sound generic? Search ‘TechSilver reviews’ online to see the difference we make to people’s lives.
What could you be doing for us? (we can cater the role to your strengths)
- Interacting with and advising our friendly customers
- Processing online sales and ordering from our suppliers
- Designing new processes and solving problems
- Seeking new partnerships, products and marketplaces
- Influencing how we operate; you probably have some great ideas!
Think you’ve got these skills?
You must have graduated from university with at least a 2:2 in any subject. (We know grades aren’t everything)
- Excellent communication skills, a confident speaker who’s friendly on the phone.
+ Customer service experience is essential, but it doesn’t matter where from!
- A keen interest and knowledge in technology (e.g. your family asks you when they can’t work their laptop!)
- Great problem solving skills
- Competent using IT e.g. Microsoft Office
- An initiative which enables you to work independently and think on your feet
- Good written language skills with the ability to write informatively and creatively
- A caring and compassionate manner, perhaps you’ve cared for a loved one before?
These abilities would be a bonus (but aren’t essential)
- Digital design skills in Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator
- Videography: Shooting and editing video content. Adobe Premier preferred.
- An entrepreneurial nature. Used to sell sweets at school or dresses on Depop?
- Knowledge of WordPress websites and web-coding (e.g. html / CSS).
What are all the practical details?
- Flexible start date, depending on your availability. No later than 26th April 2021
- This is a permanent, full time role with a 12 week probation period.
- Starting salary is £1700 per month plus perks (listed below)
- You will be guaranteed a minimum of 40 hours per week. Your hours are flexible and could be negotiated during the interview process.
- A minimum of the first week will be 1 to 1 training during normal office hours. We’ll also always be on hand to answer any questions.
Where is it?
We’re currently located in Nottingham’s Innovation Park, between Lenton and Wollaton Park. The surrounding grounds are beautifully landscaped with trees, plants, lakes and water features, surrounded by buildings with amazing architecture.
It’s got great transport links and is easily reached by bus from the City centre or out of town. There is also a car park on site should you wish to drive, as well as secure bike locks if you cycle.
There is a leisure centre and gym on site, which we’ll cover your membership for if you wish to join. There also is a Starbucks and great cafe around the corner, with a Lidl, Subway, Wok & Go, Greggs at the end of the road.
You will be required to come to the office each day to work as we have to deal with physical goods and orders.
What’s the culture like?
We’re a fun company with a ‘work hard, play hard attitude’. Show us you’re hard-working and can think outside the box to generate results, and you’ll be rewarded. We respect our teams to decide on the best ways to delight customers and you will be given freedom to do this.
Our office has a 52” TV with Nintendo Switch and Mario Kart, a sofa and chillout area where you can work or relax on your breaks and lots of indoor plants! We have a luxury coffee machine, a fridge full of soft drinks and a mineral water machine which are all free of charge.
Every month we have ‘leave your lunch at home day’ where we order a takeaway of your choice and eat together as a team, with more company events planned as lockdown eases.
We have a relaxed dress policy so trainers and non-smart clothes are fine, we want you to feel comfortable at work!
How do I get involved?
The deadline for applications is midnight on Monday 12th April
Please send your CV and a couple of paragraphs about why you think you’d be good for the role to the contact details below.
Miles Waghorn – miles (at) techsilver.co.uk
(Feel free to contact us if you have any questions)