Please ignore the instructions in the box, the guide below will walk you through all the information required.
Here are some key points to remember whist using your new Fall Alarm.
- The Fall Detector has a range of around 50m. Walls and other obstructions may reduce this. Alarms may not be triggered if the Fall Detector is out of range of the Home Base Unit.
- The alarm triggers phone calls. The answerer MUST dial 4 on their keypad to be put through to the Home Base Unit.
- The Home Base Unit has a sim card inside, it does not need to be plugged in to any phone sockets
- The Alarm can be cancelled at any time by pressing the green button on the Home Base Unit.
- The Battery on both the Fall Detector and Pendant Alarm should last around 2 years. Please contact us if they require a change of battery.
- Here’s a link to the Fall Alarm For Elderly product page.
Home Base Unit
Before setting up, find a place in the wearer’s home which is close to a power socket and in an open area. Most people put it on a table or dresser in the living room or hallway.
Remove your Home Base Unit from the brown box and open the rear back panel. You can do this with your fingers, it’s not screwed shut.
Remove the power supply from the box
Plug it in to a power outlet, switch the power outlet on, then plug the other end in to the grey input under the panel you’ve just lifted.
Turn the black power switch from off to on. (O→I)
Put the panel back on the Home Base Unit and leave it on the side in the wearer’s home.
Make sure you explain to them and any visitors that it must never be unplugged or turned off.
We’ve already paired the Fall Alarm with your base unit.
To test it’s working, press the three dots on the front of the fall alarm and a solid red, then flashing green light should show.
Don’t try and simulate a fall. The Fall Detector has advanced technology that knows the difference between a real fall and a simulated one.
The Home Base Unit should then beep a few times before calling the first emergency contact.
You can cancel the alarm sequence at any time by pressing the green button on the Home Base Unit.
How it works
Up to 10 phone numbers can be called automatically as soon as a fall is detected, anywhere in their home.
The Fall Alarm can also be manually triggered at any time by pressing it’s front or the red button on the Home Base Unit
- The wearer has a hard fall anywhere in their home or garden (up to 50m from the base unit)
- The fall sensor will wait 20 seconds to see if the person stands up, if they do, it cancels the alert to avoid false alarms
(If the person attempts to get up and is unsuccessful, or raises their arm trying to get up, this will NOT cancel the alarm)
- The device will flash a red light and vibrate for around 40 seconds to inform them it’s about to trigger the alarm.
If the person does not cancel the alarm during this time…
- The base unit will automatically call up to 10 emergency numbers, these have already been added by us.
If you’d like the emergency contact phone numbers updated, added, removed or the order changed, please email us with the changes.
- When you answer the call, the device will speak a recorded message ‘Alarm Detected’, simply press 4 on your keypad to be put through to the base unit in the wearer’s home. The Home Base Unit has a very loud speaker and microphone, which should be audible from the next room. You can then speak with the individual, or you if can’t hear them, get someone to check on them or call the emergency services.
Free Pendant Alarm
The Fall Detector above already also works as a pendant alarm, so using this is not necessary. However, if you’d like the wearer to have 2 alarms, or perhaps they have a partner who could use it, here’s how to pair the pendant alarm with your Home Base Unit.
Press and hold the green button on the Home Base Unit until it beeps. The green light will flash to signify it’s entered pairing mode.
Whilst next to the Home Base Unit, firmly press the button on the Pendant Alarm. You’ll hear a confirmation of pairing tone from the Home Base Unit and the lights on the Pendant Alarm will flash.
If this does not work, get the Pendant Alarm closer to the base unit and try again. Make sure to press the button firmly.
Press the red button on the Home Base Unit, it will play a tone to signal it has exited pairing mode.
Your Pendant Alarm is now paired with the Home Base Unit. Pressing the button on it will trigger the alarm at any time.
Here’s a diagram to see how it can be worn
You can wear the pendant around your neck or on your wrist.
To wear it around your neck, place the pendant alarm onto the plastic casing of the lanyard until you hear an audible ‘click’. Then attach the two clips of the lanyard to each side of the plastic casing, in a ‘V’ shape.
You can also wear it around your wrist. Just thread the wrist strap through the clips on the pendant alarm and secure it with the grey clasp.
You can attach the button cover to make it easier to press the pendant alarm button. To do this just attach the button cover to both sides of the alarm and ensure it is secure. When fitted correctly you will see the button light through the hole.